The Alaska Energy Authority (AEA) is seeking applications for eligible renewable energy projects through the Renewable Energy Fund (REF). The Round 14 application period opens November 16, 2021, and closes January 18, 2022. AEA will evaluate all applications received and will consult with the REF Advisory Committee (REFAC) to make final recommendations to the Alaska State Legislature for Fiscal Year 2023 funding. All funding decisions, including if there will be any funding available, will be made by the legislature.
Applications must be submitted to AEA no later than 4 p.m. on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
Applications must be submitted to AEA by email (email to email@example.com) or by physical delivery to 813 W Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, AK 99503. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
• Round 14 Opens: November 16, 2021
• Deadline for Emailed Questions: January 5, 2022 (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Applications Due: By 4 p.m. on January 18, 2022
• AEA’s Evaluation of Applications Complete: Mid-March 2022
• AEA Solicits REFAC For Recommendations: Late March 2022
• AEA Provides Recommendations to Legislature: Mid-April 2022
• Capital Funds Appropriated by Legislature: Late June 2022
• REF Round 14 Cover Letter (PDF, 272 KB)
• Request for Applications (PDF, 648 KB)
• Standard Application Form (Word, 132 KB)
• Heat Application Form (Word, 128 KB)
• Biomass Best Practices Guide (PDF, 682 KB)
• Heat Pumps Best Practices Guide (PDF, 677 KB)
• Heat Recovery Best Practices Guide (PDF, 488 KB)
• Hydro Power Best Practices Guide (PDF, 685 KB)
• Solar Power Best Practices Guide (PDF, 676 KB)
• Wind Power Best Practices Guide (PDF, 686 KB)
• Evaluation Model (Excel, 1.5 MB)
• Rural Fuel Model Report (PDF, 627 KB)
• Pricing Excess Electricity (PDF, 859 KB)
• Phase Prerequisites Checklists (Excel, 60 KB)
• Business and Operations Management Plan Template (Word, 51 KB)
• Business and Operations Management Plan Tables Template (Excel, 22 KB)
• REF Round XIII Status Report (PDF, 1.64 MB)
• Electronic Payment Form (PDF, 165 KB)
• W-9 (PDF, 143 KB)
If you need assistance, please contact AEA’s Grants Coordinator by email at email@example.com or by phone at (907) 771-3081.
Join the REF Listserve to receive email notifications regarding requests for applications, changes to the application process, and related communications. To subscribe, click here and follow the subscription instructions. You will be sent an email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you.